Ticks. Just the sound of the word might make you feel itchy. They are tiny little blood-sucking bugs that can latch onto any exposed skin or the fur of your pet. Though not all ticks carry diseases, there are ticks in the U.S. that carry pathogens such as Lyme Disease, Heartland Virus, and Ehrlichiosis, each of which can cause fevers, headaches, muscle aches, and other problems. So, if you find ticks in your home, you want them out.
At NC Pest Control, we’re here to help you with your tick removal process. Some companies use fumigation and chemicals for tick removal, but surviving ticks have bred new ticks who are immune to those treatments. At NC Pest Control, we have found heat treatments to be one of the most efficient methods for tick removal, as no ticks are resistant to heat, no matter their stage of development. Our professionals cover every part of your home to make sure no tick gets left behind.
Here are a few tips on how to prepare your home for our tick removal process:
- Vacuum floors and furniture. Dispose of vacuum bags or empty vacuum containers outside into a sealed bag, then throw the bag away outside.
- If you have pets who may have been affected by the ticks, have them cleaned and treated by a professional to make sure that no ticks remain.
- Move furniture away from walls about 4 to 6 inches.
- Remove items that melt or are sensitive to heat such as candles, makeup, crayons, chocolate, aerosol cans, hairsprays, fire extinguishers and pressurized containers.
- Wash clothes and bedding in very hot water, then dry on the hottest setting.
If you need tick removal, call us at NC Pest Control, and we will help you eradicate your tick problem and restore your peace of mind.